FAQ – Logistics – Visa

Home » Frequently Asked Questions » FAQ – Logistics » FAQ – Logistics – Visa

Commonly asked questions about logistics – visa.

Do I need a visa?

Please review this website for more information on your specific case. Depending on your citizenship, you may be visa exempt. If you are not visa exempt, please check this list to see if you qualify for a K-ETA (online authorization to enter the country).

What entry purpose should I request for my visa?

All participants who need a visa (not K-ETA) should request the Short Term Visit (C-3-1) visa, 90 days or less. You can read more about the visa type for your citizenship here.

What are general visa application document requirements?
  • All of the countries from the K-ETA list can apply online for authorization to enter the country without going to the embassy.
  • All of the countries that are not on the list should visit the embassy/consulate in their country of residence. The list of documents required for obtaining a visa can be found on this page.
  • Please Note: We recommend your passport has at least six months until expiry date at the time of your travel and visa dates.
What is the visa application procedure?
How do I confirm whether I need the visa or not if I am unsure?

We recommend confirming with your local Korean embassy by calling or emailing them directly if you are unsure after looking at the links above.

How do I receive a visa invitation letter?

Once you have paid your deposit and your registration has been confirmed for the Seoul 2024 Congress, our registration team will communicate how to receive the invitation letter.

What if I cannot get a visa or my visa is denied?

Should you be registered for onsite participation and your visa is denied, an opportunity to participate virtually will be made available. Please see our refund policy under the Payments section.